Let's not forget the context of this Parable.
A man asked Jesus which is the greatest commandment
Jesus quotes two:
- to love God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength.
- to love out neighbor as ourselves.
the parable is Jesus reply.
It is also a perfect example of
how to be a detraumatiser.
The traveller had been beaten and robed.
left helpless, abondoned.
worse two religous men saw him and ignored his need.
A stranger cared, I fact a man from a hostile ethnic group.
Early intervention .
- He stoped
- He washed the mans wounds
- He bound his wounds
- He took him to the inn - to rest.
- He paid for a stay long enough to detraumatise